Monday, August 2, 2010

8.2.10

Hello! I hope you have been well while I have been slacking taking a Blogger break! How do you like my new look? Pretty snazzy, eh? :)

Ok, I promise I wrote for a reason! I have a story! Gather around, have a seat and I'll share!

"
Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." James 1:27


So it's probably no secret that missions and caring for orphans and widows is my passion. But I rarely have the opportunity to do so. Yes, it's very frustrating to have a passion for something you can't often do. So I've been praying for God to provide a way that I can. Particularly, I wanted to sponsor a kid through Compassion. But where in the world would I get money every month?! But I felt like He was saying, Just get the first payment. If I've told you to do something, I'll provide the rest.
There was just one problem. I was flat out BROKE. I had negative money (yes, I owed money). Hm, this is not conducive to ministry...
Well, a few days ago, I received a check in the mail for my birthday. Enough to pay what I owed and for my first payment of sponsorship.
How amazing is that!
It just goes to show us, once again, God's provision for us when we decide to do what He says. :)

So I happily jumped onto Compassion.com and looked for a child (it was difficult because I wanted ALL of them!). And this little girl jumped out of the page at me!


Her name is Harriet! She's five-years-old. She loves to sing, and run and tell stories. She is beautiful and charming and she rekindled my fire for where God has called me...



2 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Oh golly, Sarah, you've got me all weepy and everything!! Harriet is precious beyond words!! And my heart just bursts with joy that you are doing this. What a testimony to God's provision. MUCH glory will be brought to Him.

Love your heart, my friend.

a spiritual thread runs through said...

awww, Yay! I so pray it works for you to meet this little gal next June! How cool would that be? God's big enough, you know?