Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Restoration.

I'm sitting here well after one in the morning because I cannot sleep; my back is in too much pain. I've had problems with my back for a while, but recently it's gotten much worse. We don't really know what's wrong yet, but I'm not going to lie; it's very painful. I'm so sleepy but can't get comfortable. All day, I've winced with almost every movement.
It's times like these where it would be so easy to feel sorry for myself and forget that there are other people hurting, too. There are people just like me dying of incurable diseases like cancer. They are in pain and in danger of death. Who am I to complain? Praise God I'm breathing.

On a different note, on Sunday, I was reflecting on this past year for me. I've lost so much. I've been through times I didn't want to make it out of. I've cried buckets of tears.
And as I sat there crying, my mom would tell me that God would restore what was lost. I hardly believed her. But He was already at work.
I'm looking back now and I see that God has, once again, proven Himself faithful. I lost so much. But He has restored and given back ten, twenty, a hundred times over. He's placed the most precious people in my life (if you're reading this, you're most likely one of them). I wouldn't trade them for anything, not even for all I've lost. Each one of them is special and I have a unique relationship with every one.
I've been blessed a hundred times over.

I don't know where you are right now; if you're going through loss, if you're in the process of restoration, or if God has already fulfilled His promise to you. If you're going through loss, hang on. Restoration is on its way. If you're still in the restoration process, don't give up; it may take a while, but God is working behind your back as we speak. If God has fulfilled a promise, the best is yet to come...

1 comment:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Another great post, Sarah! God is so good and unfathomably faithful. Thanks for sharing your heart.

I'll praying for your back!

Love you!

Oh, and your comments on my blog always crack me up. :)