Friday, November 23, 2012

A Word

To preface, lately I've been very stressed. With so many changes in my life, some losses and some blessings, I've felt everything very acutely, which has left me open to quite a lot of oppression; physically, emotionally, spiritually, etc. Often I feel like I can't do anything right, like I have to carry all my burdens by myself, and so on. You know how it is. In the midst of all the struggling, God has been speaking some things to me which I felt the need to share. I typically don't enjoy sharing my struggles, but I thought if you could relate, perhaps God wanted to speak to you as well.

This evening, I sat down to write out what He was saying and the following is what came of it. I hope it encourages you like it encouraged me.

Oh my daughter, oh my son, you are a ship lost at sea. You fear in your solitude and strain beneath your burdens laden high. Your eyes are downcast, seeing the darkness around. You try to carry on your own and you think I have forsaken you to the scattered mess you made, but your fear is a lie.

Oh my daughter, oh my son, let Me fight your battles, let Me overcome. I am on your side, I am your defender, I plead your case. My love and your victory are the songs I never stop singing over you, though you rarely hear them. My glory and your joy are the dances I never grow weary of. You cannot see past the wave ahead, yet hold on to My promise, My covenant, My vow. Nothing you could ever dream of doing could conquer My love for you.

You are my child. I go before you so you never have to fear. I created day and night, dark and light; neither hold mystery to me, therefore I will be your cloud by the light of day, your fire in the darkness of every night.

Oh my daughter, oh my son, you are a ship lost at sea. But I fashioned its churning waters and command its submission, I number the days of the storm.

All that I do is to call you close to My side, near to My heart; altering the heavens, moving the universe; shaking the mountain, creating the stormy tide; pouring out My Son, singing over you.

You are my child. I give of Myself so you never have to fear. I redeem your every misdeed, I let you walk on your own and carry you close to My heart when you fall, and My promises are true. Rise, oh you weary soul. Though you have fallen, rise up. The winter has passed and springtime is coming....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful! really, it is! and God is good!
mom

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your writing with the world. It is totally worth it. It is very nice to find people that can perceived the magnificent of God through others eyes. Thank you once again you never know when you can make the difference in others with what you write and give to the world. Nice to meet you. Liliana