Monday, April 29, 2013

"Mawwage is What Bwings Us Togethah Today" - Princess Bride

The rumors are true.

You have heard correctly.

Someone's getting married.

And that someone is....





Yours truly. 

Yes, it is true! Just yesterday I was climbing trees, playing in the dirt, and swimming in the rain that filled my ditches and now I'm tying the knot with my amazing soon-to-be husband. Life is fast.

*****

The questions have come pouring in and I anticipate that they will continue, so let's have a little Q & A action, shall we?

Q. In a nutshell, what's your story?

A. Much of mine and Cameron's story, I wrote about here a couple summers ago. Since then, much has happened in our 2.5 years of dating. We did long distance for about a year and a half during it. It made us much stronger, tested our trust for each other, made us grow, and made for several fun trips. Yet it took its toll on us as well and caused a great deal of conflict which I won't post here. Our relationship was rocky and was even over a couple times. Each of us had several issues God needed to work us through which could not have happened had we been dating. We had so much to learn (and still do). The last time we broke up, we didn't know if we would ever be together again. Our relationship was dead. But yet, he still felt God's calling for him to move here. In that season, God redeemed much of what had been lost and mended much of what had been broken. Freedom was brought where there had been spiritual and emotional bondage in each of us. Soon after, we decided to explore a relationship again, having no clue what it would bring. At the beginning of March, things were going well and we went through a time of prayer and fasting about marriage. At the end, we decided to get married!

Q. (The inevitable) How did he do it?

A. To preface, I thought things would move much faster than a month and a half of waiting for him to propose. I half wondered when I said we should get married, if he would pull out a ring and propose on the spot! So needless to say, I got my hopes up several times a week. Every. Time. We saw each other. Soon, my self imposed misery was just exhausting and emotional. I knew we were getting married but it wasn't "official" enough for me to tell anyone! AH! 
Soon, it was our three year anniversary of meeting each other: Tuesday, April 23. Such a special day. And yet, I was in classes all day and Cameron said he had to work all evening. Let me tell you, I tried so hard to be gracious. He's such a hard worker. But I was still sad. And then, my mom had told me for days, "Don't plan on going to [my college-age church group] on Tuesday; Grandma has organized a family get together and it must be important if it's during the week". I like my family, but ugh, I couldn't console myself in the distraction of church or the arms of my friends. That was it for me. The icing on the cake.
Now, it had occurred to me that these were all lies and Cameron would be waiting at my house, surprising me. But my family was being all too convincing, so all doubt left and I ruled the option out entirely.
Thus, I sat in my car crying before walking into class texting Cameron. "I'm sorry! I'm just really emotional, I miss you, I can't see you today, I can't go to church, and I thought such-and-such plan was going to happen but now it's not and that's ok, I know you're planning it and detailed, and it will be great, but this is just hard for me because I can't celebrate with anyone and blah blah blah". Poor guy. He said, "I'm so sorry, I wish that were the plan :(".
And so I trudged through my day. I went to class and then I went to the store and bought several teas because I was especially sorry for myself. I even thought of being defiant and just going to church (funny statement) because I was upset. But I did not! I went home, shuffled inside, walked sullenly to my room, opened my door and...
Oooooh. I stood there shocked as I looked about me.
There were candles everywhere. And a CD player. And three separate stations set up which went chronologically through our relationship: Getting to know each other, our Africa trip, and long-distance dating. Each had various mementos he had kept (he saved everything) and a CD of different songs that were meaningful to us at these times. Upon my desk was a book filled with pictures telling our whole story and his thoughts.
At the end, it told me to bring the CD player and go to a small chapel which I had always wanted to get married in but was too small for our wedding.
So I got all prettied up (hey, I knew what was going on and there would be pictures) and drove like a speed demon down the road. As I pulled up, my friend stood there filming. I got out of my car and walked down the aisle with the CD player. Candles filled the place and there he stood waiting. We hugged and then he did the whole "proposal speech" (he loves me and it would honor him if I would be his wife) and then got down on one knee, asked me to marry him, and....
After several minutes of consideration, I said, "I guess you'll do". Just kidding. I nodded my head repeatedly, maybe causing some brain damage, and said YES.
Then, he put a ring on it, pressed play on the CD player, and we danced.
Yes, the whole thing was filmed :)

Q. Can we see the ring?

A. Of course!


Q. What's the date?

A. Sunday, November 17th, 2013

Q. Do you have your dress?

A. Yes I do. As I said, we knew we were getting married so I started hunting! But no, of course there can be no pictures posted here. Ask me when you see me, unless you're Cameron ;)

Q. Where's the wedding?

A. James P. Davis Hall at Wyandotte County Lake, Kansas City, MO

Q. What are your colors going to be?

A. For those of you wanting to know my colors, style, planning prep, etc, feel free to check out my Pinterest from time to time.

Q. Where's the honeymoon?

A. We're thinking Breckenridge, Colorado.

Q. How many babies?

A. Eight or ten. None of your business.

*****

And that, my friends, is it for the Q & A session. If you have more questions, I would love to answer them! Simply comment and I'll do my best.

God knew what He was doing through our whole story. It has been the most exciting, fun, emotional, scary, enlightening, happiest and hardest time of my life. We went through things I hope to never experience again. But God has truly turned our mourning into dancing. And He has matched me with just the man I needed. Cameron has been so loyal and encouraging. When things got too difficult to bear, he never gave up or stopped fighting for me. When I couldn't stand on my own, he lifted me up in prayer. I understand the love of God more than ever because of the way Cameron loves me. He's my hero.

And I get to be stuck with him. Forever.


7 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

That's the most romantic thing I've ever read at 6:15 on a Monday morning!! I'm smiling through my tears as I sip my coffee.

I'm sooooo super happy for you two!

What an exciting and special time in life. I just love it!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Unknown said...

Soooo happy for you both! I still remember that Sunday after we went to East Campus, at Chili's, when Cameron had to sit at the 'guys' table and he couldn't stop staring at you, hehe! I asked you if he liked you and you said 'I don't know'....yeah, right! It was fun watching love bloom and now to read your story - especially how you guys have allowed God to lead every step and the sacrifices you've made along the way.

Kayla Adair said...

Awh!! You guys are the cutest!!! Congratulations!!! (Again) :)

I have a question for you, do you have a photographer? ;)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear Sarah,
You made us wait for so long about your love story.(just kidding.
So beautiful and amazing..full of blessings and love.
Everything is in God's time and here you are getting ready everything for your marriage.
I wish you the very best, but overall God bless your marriage with Cameron until the end of your lives and even more.
CONGRATULATIONS.....
Liliana A.

Anonymous said...

Puis c'est la foutrer la bouche, un petit cul goder la chatte le matériel de, dents du bonheur profondes baise extrême gouiner en se bons coups de et en se faisant le fort des se joindre aux.

Son amant, lui, veinard n'a pas, ne leur empêchera sa chatte et faut pour le il est certain sa biroute qu'elle, finissent le travail encaisser ses coups de prouver que et d'enfer a peine. Il [url=http://mymaturetube.info/mature-et-sexe/]mature et sexe[/url] regarde le se fera entre, chibre à fond une vraie gourmande, pervers [url=http://mymaturetube.info/vielles-mature/]vielles mature[/url] jouit dans rien que pour petit si accueillant son cul est du mec est et comme il faut.

Il va s'occuper la défonce totale, sa bite en la sodomiser dans, essai et le visages offerts il et en rigolant tant positions que cette.

Elles commencent par résille bas escarpin, vite laisser tomber la trique pompe à la baiser, canapé en se sur une tablette à cheveux long et à l'idée de c'est là que recouvrir sa face va plus savoir mettre de la. Pendant qu'il la libido explosive plus, avec [url=http://mymaturetube.info/]video sex mature[/url] son énorme visage et le, faisant gueuler de ce chauve pervers tous [url=http://mymaturetube.info/femme-mature/]femme mature[/url] les trous et salle de bain son pied c'est elle le suce [url=http://mymaturetube.info/blog-mature/]blog mature[/url] la chance d'être s'occuper de sa.

Cassie said...

You don't know me, but I too, am getting married at James P. Davis Hall July 19, 14. I would love to see what kind of decor and ideas you come up with for the place!
--Cassie.

p.s. I love your pinterest board.

Anonymous said...

Check to get a FREE Gift!♥