Monday, November 7, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas (and Other News)

First, let me preface with the fact that I was unaware that I haven't posted since August! Yikes!

Anyways. I suppose now would be a good time to update you on all of the recent happenings....

School is going well! I'm getting ready to finish my last semester of classes before I apply for nursing school. Everything has gone by so fast!
Church is going well also. Currently, I am helping out with the youth ministry and leading worship for the children. It has been so cool to watch these kids grow and see what God is doing in their lives even in such a short time! If you remember to pray for me, please pray that I would remember to not make anything about myself, but about Him and that God would move in the youth ministry (most of the kids there are very....troubled).
More big news is that my brother just moved here from Florida to live with us! We are all excited about this fact.



And the weather here? Well.....let me just show you a picture of the leaves on the tree outside our kitchen window....

Today, as it was cold and rainy - and all my homework was complete, thus instilling a particular joy in my heart - I decided that this needed to happen.....


Indeed, my friend, it was quite the pleasurable afternoon as I turned on the Christmas music (Michael Buble's newest album of course!), made some extra chocolate-y hot chocolate, and lovingly decorated my Charlie Brown-esque tree (yes, without the love displayed through ornaments, it is painfully bare).





Also, if any of you should attempt to ruin the joy of my soul remind me that Christmas isn't for another 48 days, I will personally hunt you down and shove Christmas ornaments down your throat have to kindly reply that we have predictions of snow this week; therefore, it is now Christmastime (Clearly, I would gladly skip Thanksgiving and all of November).

This, my friend, is all I have for you today. No time for deep thoughts or revelations. Next time, I promise to try to be more interesting :) I wish you a wonderful week, filled with fun and productivity and maybe, just maybe, the enjoyment of Eggnog hitting the stores......

No comments: