Monday, January 2, 2012

1.2.12

Firstly, let me wish you a very happy new year! May it be filled with God's presence and more adventures than you expected.

I could tell you about my activities in the past few weeks; maybe my latest discoveries or perhaps a couple of humorous stories (I may tell those later), but I would honestly rather get to the point. So grab a warm cup of hot chocolate on this cold winter's day and listen to my very interesting, though quite lengthy story about God's latest development and a rather intriguing dream He gave me.

Sometime last week I was reading the book, Innocent Blood by John Ensor, which speaks primarily about abortion and taking action against it. Now, there was a time where I was greatly concerned for this issue. I prayed for it and I fasted for it. But I didn't know what else to do about it and I think this was the main reason that this topic slowly made its way to the back of my mind. After reading this book, it could no longer stay there. I looked up sermons about it (most of them by John Piper, who speaks excellently on this subject) and when I felt strong enough at heart, I researched abortion methods.
Most of you who read this are probably pro-life and know that abortion is wrong and cruel. What you may not fully understand - as I surely did not understand - is the utter grotesqueness and morbidity or this practice. It is the worst and coldest sort of murder, more brutal than my imagination could create. You may read about it here, though I would warn you that it is graphic. I read it right before bed (perhaps an unwise decision) and as I lay there in the dark, I kept asking God what I could possibly do about this. It was with a heavy heart and a mind filled with desperation and questions that I fell into a deep sleep....

In my dream, there was an abortion clinic attached to a library, which made it a very public place that received a lot of traffic and was obviously well known. In this dream, I was in nursing school and for some reason, was required to watch these doctors perform their abortions. As I stood there, I saw the many corpses and skeletons of these dead children (I still cannot get the images out of my mind) and the stoic looks on their mothers' faces. I was horrified and saw the next woman waiting to have her abortion. I cried and pleaded with her frantically over and over again not to kill her baby, but to consider giving it up for adoption instead. Her face was sad and helpless as she refused and proceeded to carry out the abortion.
Heartbroken, I went right to work, visiting the clinic every day to talk with mothers and plead for the lives of their children. Often times, I was successful and was able to save the lives of their children and also kept the mother from more heartache.
Inevitably, the staff at the clinic grew to hate me and despise my presence (especially the manager). Their eyes were filled with anger as they would often physically remove me from the building. But I never gave up. Over many months, I built many relationships with these women and young girls and also got my whole church, and eventually the whole community, passionate about doing everything they could to save our babies. Hundreds of lives were saved and hundreds of mothers found healing as God brought an extreme, passionate revival to our once dark and spiritually depraved town.
Through all this, I continued visiting the clinic and reached out to the staff as well. Eventually, I got the manager who had hated me most of all to see the bitterness in her heart and she gave her life to God, leaving her practice of death and focused on building His kingdom instead.
What happened to the clinic? It closed down. It went out of business because the young girls and women of the community repented, found grace, and began to love the children inside of them far too much to kill them. The practice of death was forced to leave our community and our peoples' hearts were turned toward cultivating life and also adoption.

The moment I woke up, I knew God had given me a dream. And it has not left my thoughts ever since.

The other day, as I once again expressed my new-found passion, I was told that I couldn't hope to solve this issue on my own. I replied that I was very thankful that I wasn't chosen to try to stop it on my own (as there are others much better suited for it), but I would work alone if I had to. If no one else ever works beside me on this issue, I will not give up. I won't let millions of our children be massacred without my strongest fight.

There is a direct correlation between abortion and the gospel and Satan knows it. Children are being literally dismembered and murdered who may have otherwise grown up to show the love of God to many people. Babies are being poisoned and killed who may have otherwise grown up to become a modern William Wilberforce or George Muller.

I could go on and on.

God's heart is grieved at the atrocities that cause the destruction of His children. It angers Him to see this terrible injustice that we stand by and watch. We can no longer plead that we did not know or are ignorant. We all know what is going on. We can find the truth about this practice of death with the click of a button. Ignorance will not stand in the courtroom of God and we will be judged according to what we did or didn't do about what we know.

January 22 is the 39th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade, the ruling of the supreme court that pronounced abortion as legal, putting the desires of the mother over the life of her child. On this day of January 22, I will be praying and fasting for the repentance of America and of my community and that God will turn our hearts from darkness. I will pray that we will cultivate an attitude of love and grace for these mothers who plan to, are having, or have already had abortions and that we will no longer stand by, pleading ignorance, but will somehow be involved in stopping abortion. Would you join me?


1 comment:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

YES, I will definitely join you in prayer and fasting, Sarah. It's my honor!

I love how God gives you such vivid dreams. And that you don't dismiss them as trivial.

Love ya, girl!!